Sunday 15 July 2018

Bulls

We've moved the boat today and filled the water tank. This entailed going through a lock and a swing bridge, winding,( turning round) and then back through the bridge and lock. I helped a few other boats through whilst CHS was filling the water tank, no mean feat in this heat.

We then walked back to collect the car and parked it nearer the boat. We will stay a week before we move again.

Yesterday I arrived back in the evening after feeding Ds's cats to find two women on bikes standing by the five bar gate. As I went to open it one of them that it was unsafe to enter the field. When I asked why she told me that there were bulls in the field. I told her there were no bulls there but she was adamant. She pointed to one of the cows with its huge horns, she was certain it was a bull. Looking at it carefully I explained that as it had no penis or testicles but that it did have udders, I was certain it was a cow. As I went to open the gate she asked why I was so determined to walk through the field. I pointed to my boat and explained that I was intending to sleep on it and not on the side of the road.

I blame the film Barnyard, it showed all the cows, male and female with udders, believe me, bulls do not have udders!

9 comments:

Col said...

A born and bred 'townie' then hey?
A surprising number of people think only bulls have horns!

justjill said...

Ha ha! The Bull in the field near us has no horns, does rather depend on the breed!

Chris said...

That's hilarious! But a sad indictment of the education system.

galant said...

You learn something every day, Hester, ha ha ha!!! Seriously, there is something wrong with people who don't know the difference between cows and bulls! Someone once told me that her former sister-in-law thought the moon was the sun out at night. Seriously.
Margaret P

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

I am never surprised by peoples ignorance. A friend recently told me she was applying for an Irish passport as her late father was Irish and she could therefore hold dual nationality which in turn would allow her to stay in Europe for more than 90 days. I asked where he father was born...….Belfast. I rest my case!!

galant said...

To Hester and Frugal in Essex Tania, that's the funniest thing I've heard today … born in Belfast, ha ha ha!!!
Margaret P

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the giggle! Tracy

Anonymous said...

actually she can the Irish Government recognises the right of people born on the island of Ireland not just the Republic of Ireland to apply for an Irish passport many people born and resident in the 6 counties hold Irish passports she can do so because of her father

Meanqueen said...

That made me laugh. I have walked through many fields with cows in them.

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...