Wednesday 17 May 2023

No good deed.

Goes unpunished, or so it's claimed.

A couple of days ago I found a rosary in the car park.

I didn't realise what it was at first as it was pink and glittery.

Once I realised what it was, I guessed who it belonged to.

When I saw her in the garden I went out to return it to her.

As I turned to return to my flat I tripped, I've no idea what on.

My fall could have been caused by my general unsteadyness.

Whatever, I went an absolute purler and ended up stretched out on the path.

My knees and wrists are an rainbow of green and purple, dotted with red specks where I broke the skin.

One wrist is decidedly swollen.

Nemmind!


10 comments:

Donna said...

Injury to insult! I'm so sorry...Hope you're not badly injured!!
hugs
Donna

Ellen D. said...

Oh, I have such a fear of falling. I hope you haven't broken any bones! Take care!

flis said...

That's all you needed - I hope the owner was appreciative and came to help you x

Marjorie said...

Hugs and quick healing wishes for you.

Robin from P'ville said...

Oh my goodness - that you didn't need.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry this happened to you.
I hope nothing is broken and that you heal quickly. IF you have some comfrey salve it is wonderful for sprains, bruises and many other things.
I will pray a quick healing for you.
JC

Angela said...

My deepest sympathies - I fell on Sunday too. Felt such an idiot. Get well soon 👍❤️

Nelliegracee said...

That sounds painful. I hope your husband is looking after you. I have a bottle of witch hazel and never remember it when it might have helped.
Nelliegrace

JacquieB said...

Ouch that's really bad luck hope the bruises soon health but I do think you should get that swollen wrist checked out.
Jacquie

Sue said...

Ouch, that sounds nasty ... and after you were doing such a good thing too. I hope the rosary owning lady came to your rescue. If the wrist stays swollen it would be worth getting it checked out.

Lunch out

Betty and I went shopping today, I didn't buy anything but I was happy to wander around the shops with her. Betty was buying gifts for a...