Sunday 25 May 2014

Coming to terms, clearing out & moving creepies

I'm coming to terms with losing my eyesight in fits & starts, the first step was getting a kindle, the enlarged font facility means I can still read even though I can no longer read real books. I just wish the index pages could be enlarged as I have trouble seeing them. 
I've been giving embroidery fabric, threads & some kits to a work colleague, but only odd ones as I come across them. I have only been clearing my stash out bit at a time, as getting rid of it all at once was just too depressing.
But today I am clearing out my stash properly, I'm getting rid of my knitting patterns & my crochet patterns, I'm also getting rid of the last few embroidery kits, ones that I particularly liked. I'm also listing my overlocker on eBay and one of my sewing machines, it has a touch screen & I can't see it any longer.
Even if I have surgery this summer (it was put off last year as I was in hospital with another problem) the surgery is only on one eye, the other eye has a different problem & will deteriorate & then be fucked.
Finally, my creepies have moved, you know that sensation of something moving over or just under the skin, it is a common menopause problem, well my creepies have always been on my back & shoulders & now they are moving up my neck.
You know it's one thing to go through the menopause, but it's a real bugger when some of the symptoms never go away. I haven't had a period in over 20 years, but I still get hot flushes & I still get the creepies. Still look on the bright side, I'm not dead, I'm still here to moan about things!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sue, life really is a huge pile of shit sometimes, I hope the eye surgery works - much love to you xxxxxx

Hard up Hester said...

Thanks FQ, some days it just hits harder than others.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.