As I said before this is a particularly long, tight month, so I checked the freezer & cupboards carefully before I shopped.
I bought:-
Milk
Sausages
Bananas
Potatoes
Mushrooms
I spent £7.08, egg delivery again tomorrow, that will bring this weeks shop to £11.08. This should last us until payday at the end of the month.
We have a weeks holiday now & have a couple of cheap treats planned, we have a £10 voucher for a local pub & that will cover a lite bite meal & dessert for the 2 of us. We will also use our bus passes to go into town & have a meal in the Wetherspoons, they also have meal deals, usually a meal & a drink for £10 for us both.
Saturday, 24 May 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
4 comments:
Good planning there for a frugal weeks staycation.
Enjoy tour meals
We to got a cheap deal for an overnight hotel tomorrow night. £36 for us both. I also have Euro for our food. My DD. Gave it to me for my birthday.
It's a bit awkward when we go to the South of Ireland from the north as they use the Euro.
Our local Weatherspoons offers some cracking deals, best ones are on Tuesdays, their "Steak Club". An 8oz Steak with chips and trimmings along with a pint (or another drink) for only £4.99 - can't be beaten really. Hope you enjoy both your meals out. Linda xx
Cheap deals are great aren't they & Weatherspoons are a real treat, no cooking, no clearing up & generous portions.
Post a Comment