Saturday 24 May 2014

I have a banana in my shoe

Does that make me weird?
Actually it's a piece of banana skin as I have a verruca, I cannot use a normal verruca treatment because of the position of the verruca, I'll try this for a few weeks & let you know how I get on.
Many years ago a friend of mine's 5 year old son had problems with warts, his hands were covered in them & the other children in his class were teasing him & refusing to sit near him. My friend is a charismatic evangelist  & so was not keen when I suggested buying the warts from her son, eventually after trying many other treatments & many visits to the Dr's she agreed. I gave her son 50p & explained that I was buying his warts, he was worried to start with as he thought I was going to start cutting them off but I reassured him. By the end of the following week all the warts had disappeared. 
DD phoned a couple of days ago, she has mastitis, I suggested a cabbage leaf in her bra, it is quite a well know remedy.
I always prefer to use a natural remedy whenever possible, honey to help heal wounds, clove oil for toothache etc.
The reaction of one of my colleagues shows why, many years ago, old ladies who had a lifes worth of country knowledge were burnt at the stake!

7 comments:

ravylesley said...

Hester I love hearing about traditional remedies.I never knew about the banana skin in the shoe for veruccas so thank you.As for the cabbage leaf I had heard of it and having breastfed four babies and had Mastitis a few times I was tempted to try it so will be intrigued to know whether it worked

Lesleyxx

primrosesattic said...

I loved your heading and was really intrigued. Hester I believe that natural remedies mostly work. Many plants have healing powers. What did they do before all these pills and medicines. We now live in an age where we can make full use of most.
Rosezeeta.

Angela said...

I do know that the inside of a banana skin is good for polishing your shoes - rub it on, buff it off! but never heard of the verucca treatment before

Tammy said...

When I bf, I found cotton wool balls soaked in cold peppermint tea an amazing relief! I used to make up a brew every couple of days and kept it in the fridge to use when required!

Unknown said...

Duct tape is amazing at getting rid of verrucaes. It suffocates them and they die. Stick it on and it will soften the verrucae and you will literally be able to pull it off your skin. Works every time. Some people, me included are just prone to the piggin' things - it's a virus and they come back every few years.

Linda Metcalf said...

My Irish Grandmother "witched warts away"....it did work!

Anonymous said...

Well done on passing on the cabbage trick, midwives in Scotland have been using it as an official cure for decades now, never fails, especially if you wash the leaves then put them in the freezer for 10 min...bliss...and a cure
Auchenshuggle Granny

Suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions but Steve won't eat the beef now what ever I do to it. There is far too much for me to eat, it would take me ...