Tuesday 6 May 2014

Ka-Boom

After a fairly busy weekend, I was anticipating a good nights sleep last night.
I wet to bed and was asleep within half an hour, two hours later, I was awoken by the most incredible noise, so loud the house shook, ka-boom, ka-boom. The noise went on & on, at first we thought it was fireworks, but it was too rhythmic & repetitive. After about 15 minutes we realised it was coming from the railway line. The line is being electrified & they  were pile driving along the line.
I really hope they have moved further along tonight!

5 comments:

Floss said...

Write & complain - I know it won't get your sleep back but you should have been made aware of the potential disruption, especially if it was overnight working.

50 and counting said...

Know your pain. When they were finishing the ring road near us, the noise was horrific. Oh, and we had the joy of floodlights for the work crews to deal with!

Do you know what happened to FosterMummy? Her blog has disappeared.

Lyssa Medana said...

That is very unfair - at least, not warning you. I hope you can make up the sleep. WS xxx

Janet said...

We had a disturbed night last night, got the 'come now' call at 3am for 5 days over due date daughter. Baby boy was born at 5.45 am, weighing in at 8lbs11oz. He got skin to skin contact but was not too keen on it. Beautiful baby, I can't wait to hear of your safe arrivals.

Hard up Hester said...

We were warned, we received a letter saying the work would be taking place in May or June, so not very specific.

Janet, I got that call y'day morning

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...