Monday 12 May 2014

Piss up in a brewery part twot

I was given my letter to tell me I'm being enrolled in the government pension scheme, not just a generic 'Dear Colleague' letter, this is a 'Dear Mrs Bloggs'. Great, wonderful, just what I wanted, the first 3 lines of the letter list those who are eligible. Those earning over £10k pro rata, those over 22 years of age, those under state pension age!
I'M OVER PENSIONABLE AGE YOU MUPPETS!
I'M THE ONE WHO KICKED UP STINK WHEN YOU KEPT ON TAKING NI CONTRIBUTIONS AFTER I REACHED PENSIONABLE AGE!
Ye gods & little fishes, This is a company who does the salaries for thousands of staff in hundreds of companies. There was about 10 pages of information included in the letter, what a waste of paper.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

DH has just retired from the forces,to cut a long story short it would be less painful to bang your head up the wall x

Angela said...

I am thinking of designing and marketing a head protector for those of us queueing up beside this brick wall! The income generated would compensate for the lack of pension

ALT58 said...

I work in the NHS my head has been banged that many times I'm now punch drunk and after today I've lost the will to live.
God knows where all this is going to end.

Big hugs to youx

veeknits19 said...

Yes, I had a letter just like that and like you it doesn't apply to me. They didn't even bother to reply when I pointed this out. It seems to be a standard letter, but sent to everyone even though they hold our details and must know who it doesn't apply to! What a low standard of work some folk have.

BTW the head protectors already exist so are unlikely to add to your retirement funds, Ang! Google them & add special needs. They protect the heads of those with severe and uncontrolled epilepsy which causes them to fall and crack their heads, they are also used for people with self injurious behaviour who bang their heads against objects or bang items or hands against their heads - usually people with learning difficulties as well as challenging behaviour. They do say there is nothing new under the sun, don't they!
Vee x

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...