Thursday 19 June 2014

Light & Shade

I wrote this last week intending to join in with the light & shade challenge by Lyssa Medana & Thomas Marlow, I follow the challenge but this is the first piece I've finished. I should have linked it to their blog, but a) I'm a week late & b) it's an inappropriate subject!

I don’t know what it is used for, though I daresay it would take some rubbing to get it out of the carpet
- Bill Bryson, Mother Tongue, footnote Chapter 10

The rules were quite clear, everyone received a copy of the rules along with the address & directions once they had paid their deposit.
I don't want to sound like Monica from Friends, but some rules, even at a party are necessary, and despite many people assuming that a sex party should have no rules I beg to differ. In fact I think rules are more important at a sex party.
The rules clearly state 'No sexual intercourse downstairs, please use the playrooms upstairs.
This rule is in place for two reasons, firstly so as to ensure that a nervous newbie to the swinging scene isn't going to be scared away on their first visit by being faced with full on fornication whilst enjoying a quiet drink.
Secondly to protect the furniture & carpets in my home.
I surveyed the sticky mess ruefully & thought 'It's going to take some rubbing to get it out of the carpet,.

3 comments:

Lyssa Medana said...

As one of the founders of light and shade, it's great!! I enjoyed it, it was well constructed and it made me smile! If you write again and use similar topics, you are welcome but may like to flag it up. You get a chance to put your name in so I suggest eg Hester (adult content) which actually isn't a bad name for anyone.

I'm glad you had a go. Keep going if you like, it's never compulsory to link and it's about having fun. I enjoyed it loads.

I also feel incredibly flattered and smug that you've had a go at a challenge I'm involved in. WS who is currently being Lyssa Medana and is off to tell Tom x

Hard up Hester said...

Thank you Lyssa, if I hadn't been typing it at 2am, I might have made a better attempt.
I've had a bash at the current one, but not sure I've done it correctly.

Unknown said...

Hester that's so much fun - thanks for writing it and sharing it. I hope you can keep contributing and I'll really look forward to reading your stories.

Beano is a grumpy old man.

We have two cockerpoos and a maltipoo living near us, both the cockerpoo are male, black and mad, the maltipoo is female, beige and slightly...