Thursday 2 October 2014

I'm with her

Well my last post seems go have struck a chord with some people, Irene, I think I'd have to dig a hole & fill it after me to avoid people like this. I seem to be surrounded by them at work & in my neighbourhood.

As I've said, I'm pootling through making a quilt or two, I'm also crocheting a baby blanket, as always I'm doing both of these on the cheap. Mean Queen reposted a comment someone left on her blog about her quilting & how she used scraps & leftovers to make her quilts, they found this less intimidating than some blogs that list a scary & expensive amount of equipment & fabric needed before a single thread is cut.
Like Froogs I use a decent batting, I won't use polyester wadding because it threads, but for fabric, apart from some that was gifted to me I'm using old shirts & skirts & for my crochet baby blanket I'm using odd & scraps given to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have my sympathy. People like this can raise ones blood pressure, but you seem to be a very tolerant body. Crafting always helps.

Linda Metcalf said...

The best kind of quilts! I have an olden aunt who made all her nieces and nephews a quilt using our old cast aside clothing...it was so much fun to look at the pieces that aroused so many memories.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.