Another month off the mortgage term.
The mortgage company, of course, had to play silly buggers once again.
Last time I made an overpayment, I was told I had to pay £500, any other amount would only reduce the monthly payments and not the term.
Today I phoned to make a payment of £500 and was told that any such payment would only reduce the monthly payment and not the term.
Cue a conversation through gritted teeth, the chosen amount this month it seems is £562.09 exactly.
A payment of £562.10 would also only reduce the month............... You get my drift by now I'm sure!
Barring any unexpected bills, we may be able to make another payment next month, depending on whatever exact amount is needed by then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
2 comments:
They are a law unto themselves.
These customer service lines need to be abroad so they cant hear the screaming don't they? We usually write a letter to their managing director/complaints at this point and email what ever OFtCom type regulator is in their industry - sometimes it pays off to tell the idiots they are idiots.
Post a Comment