When you are fed up with festive food and the cupboard is almost bare, try this soup recipe.
1 potato
1 carrot
1 onion
Peel and chop the onion.
Scrub & chop the potato and carrot
Cover with water, add salt and pepper if you want, bring to the boil, simmer until cooked.
Mash it all together or blend with a stick blender.
This is one of my favourite soup recipes, it cost less than £1 for 4 servings.
Friday, 11 December 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
1 comment:
Ooooh I love soup.
One of my favourites is made from all the leftover veg in the fridge at the end of the week before I go shopping again. Everything gets thrown in and I think it's the best meal of the week. I call it Garbage Broth.
Another favourite is any leftover veg on a Sunday.........roast potatoes and all get whizzed into some vegetable stock. I serve it with a swirl of mint sauce.....gorgeous.
Hope you are doing OK-x-
Post a Comment