Well the Oxford/Grand Union/Ashby canals at least!
We had a lovely lunch at the Bridge at Napton on Saturday, the pub is on the canal side right by a winding hole.
The winding holes (pronounced wind as in fart, not wind as in clockwork) are the only places where you can turn a narrowboat around on a canal as most of them are considerably wider than the canals.
We picked up the Black Prince boat Diana from Wigrams Turn Marina about 2ish and after some training from the lovely Rory we set off.
My L&M soon mastered the controls and eventually was persuaded to emulate the speed of Fred Dibnah rather than Stirling Moss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spending spree
There was a car boot sale in the pub car park this morning and I went along. I bought a cardigan from M&S, it feels really warm and as I...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...

2 comments:
That sounds like fun!
Have a lovely time "because your worth it"
Post a Comment