Thursday 23 June 2016

Good news, bad news

Oh there is no good news.

My L&M had an interview but didn't get the job. He's over 60 so he's not likely to get one now.

Yes I know B&Q take on older staff, but it's an hour and half commute during office hours and much longer when taking shift work in to consideration, plus £8 to £10 a day it travel costs, it's really not a viable option.

More changes afoot with my job, my equipment is possibly being moved to a smaller area with less natural light, no air con and little ventilation, I'll worry about it when/if it happens. My current area is light and airy so obviously far too good for the likes of me!

I've been up since 3 and it's now getting light, I won't get much sleep tonight as DGD is staying and she's not sleeping well at the moment.



4 comments:

Softstuff said...

I'm sorry to hear all of that Hester. Time to think of plan B, if there seems like there's no light at the end of the tunnel, we need to figure out how to pick axe our way out.

TrishWish said...

I think you use a photocopier? Keep a record of the temperatures around it. I worked in an office that stuck the machine in a corner with no ventilation and it over heated and cost them a fortune in repairs and hassle with work loads! Fight back!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Your lm is such a great worker they should be lining up to hire him. I wasn't able to get my name on this but the pratchett books made it to america. Thank you so much for sending them. I pray for things to get better for your family. Sarah

Hard up Hester said...

Softstuff, we do have a plan B & C, lol. we will get sorted eventually.

Trish, I have 4 in a large room, they are probably being moved to a smaller one I am fighting my corner, but don't expect to get anywhere. To be honest if the equipment breaks I don't care, I'm more concerned about my well being.

Sarah, so glad they arrived. Enjoy.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...