Thursday 9 June 2016

Return of the Cankles

They're back, a combination of too much standing and the warm weather.

My legs now go in a straight line down from knees to my ankles.

My ankles are now the same diameter as my calves.

Never mind, they will go down over night I expect, they usually do.

I'm collecting the last few books I missed yesterday and I've packed up 2 or 3 boxes of yarn and knitting needles to drop off tomorrow.

I have so much yarn I have phoned a couple of other local care homes, I will be playing the wool fairy for a few days!

So thanks to 50 and counting and Lyssa for their suggestions about my yarn mountain.

My next question is, does anyone know where I could donate some garden tools to?

10 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Local junior school, most have gardens for both veg and flowers

MidSuffolkMeadow said...

In Suffolk we have these people - Tools With A Mission - http://www.twam.co.uk/

I wonder if you have anything similar?

Or failing that if there is a local allotment site people are always after tools.

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

Do you have a learning facility for youngsters with down syndrome or similar. They use garden therapy and would welcome tools.

Lyssa Medana said...

Some care homes ask the residents to help with the garden.

Sending hugs, it must be a challenge! x

Rambler said...

My grandchildren's school have an allotment across the road and are always grateful for garden tools, excess seeds and anything that would help the children to learn more about growing things. I recently donated a spare bird-feeder to them and they were thrilled to have that, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh bad luck on the cankles, me too,a LEGacy from my granny. Lots of schools in our area have gardens and will gratefully accept tools. Sals view.

TrishWish said...

There is a charity that sends knitted things to refugees and their knitters always want donated wool. Link to our local one.
http://www.norfolkknitters.org.uk/charities.html?name=Supported+Charities

Hard up Hester said...

I will let you know where the gardening tools go as soon as O find somewhere appropriate.

Witch Hazel said...

Something like this perhaps?
http://www.getreading.co.uk/lifestyle/home-garden/donate-your-old-tools-charity-4204947

Sue in Suffolk said...

Just wondered if you got the childrens knits book posted to me last Monday as there is no sign of it yet.
Your clear out is going well
Sue Cuthbert

New neighbours.

A couple of days ago I met the couple who have purchased one of the flats here. The flat is over two floors, has two bedrooms, two bathrooms...