Sunday 8 January 2017

Displacement activity

To take my mind off the sadness I went to the kitchen and cleared and tidied the larder cupboard and fridge. I dug out a few items that needed using up.
I chopped and sliced and sautéed and simmered until I had this.
This morning I cooked some rice to go with it.
And packed it ready for the freezer. Six portions of delicious vegetarian curry for me for next week, my L&M is working the late shift and doesn't want to eat when he gets home around 10ish.

3 comments:

e said...

Good that you were able to do that...Sometimes being busy helps when you're dealing with grief or upset. Best to you and your curry looks wonderful.

Winters End Rambler said...

Glad you can find comfort in such a way. x

galant said...

I am sure that being busy does help with the grief - at least it takes your mind off it for a while and then periods between the grief lengthen. It is very sad, no denying that, but I hope you will feel better before too long, if that doesn't sound callous - it's not meant to.
Chin up, Hester,
Margaret P

New neighbours.

A couple of days ago I met the couple who have purchased one of the flats here. The flat is over two floors, has two bedrooms, two bathrooms...