I have enough in the freezer to make at least 4 portions of each of the meals below and there also still some pork chops and some sliced cooked meat, some in gravy, some to be used in sandwiches. There is lots of cheese in the fridge, I shall grate up all the hard cheese scraps, the soft cheeses have a use by date of March. All this will last us the month, all I need to buy is bread, potatoes & milk.
1) Leek and potato soup, using leeks from the garden.
2) Turkey & Mushroom pie, make a white sauce, add cooked mushrooms & turkey, top with pastry & serve with mashed potato, cabbage & gravy.
3) Any leftover pie filling can be added to cooked pasta, place in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs & grated cheese & cook til golden on top.
4) Spicy lentil soup, made with leftover lentil roast made for Tom's GF Christmas lunch.
5) Turkey soup/stew
6) Yorkshire puddings, small ones each with a couple of leftover pigs in blankets in.
7) Broccoli & Stilton soup.
8) Ham, egg & chips made with a few slices of ham.
9) Cheese & Potato pie, my L&M will have this with a couple of rashers of bacon, I'll eat it on it's own.
10) Meat loaf, made with a tube of sausage meat, some mince, half a packet of made stuffing or some breadcrumbs and a generous dollop of tomato puree of ketchup.
My DD1 had one of her dogs put to sleep in June he had heart failure. Christmas Eve she had her other dog put to sleep, she had a tumour. ...
So many comments, so I'm not alone thinking they are mad to live like this. This is the wife who throws herself on the floor and screams...
I've written a post about where the money goes, so here's one about where the incoming money comes from. CHS is still working an...