Sunday 26 January 2014

Cooking

2 liters of broccoli & Stilton soup made, well broccoli & cheese, the reduced broccoli & bought yesterday & all the leftovers from the Christmas cheeseboard that our guests last week didn't want. There was a small amount of Stilton, some goats cheese, brie & half a herb & garlic roulade.
I also made two liters of minestrone, using all the leftover veg in the fridge, a tin of tomatoes, some left over baked beans & a handful of pasta stars.
I also made eight ready meals for my L&M, these will go into the freezer for him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Margie in Toronto
I'm planning on making broccolli and cauliflower soup this week and I've been saving some ends of stilton to add in - like you I've got some odds & end bits of other cheeses to use up so maybe I'll chuck those in as well.
It's been so cold over here that I've been making a new batch of soup each week - minestrone was last week's and turkey/veg was the week before. I always freeze two or three servings right off the top so every few weeks I have enough saved up to take a week or so off.

frugal freesia said...

You have been busy!
That reminds me, I have some stilton to use up.

Linda Metcalf said...

I love using the left overs to make and do with...learned this early on as one of nine kiddos in our family seldom any leftovers :)

Carol said...

Sounds like you have been very busy. I have just found you. I used to follow your other blog and didn't know you had started up again. Glad to see you back
Carolx

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...