Sunday 25 October 2015

I know my onions

To distract himself from the ongoing problems with his mum's care hubby has been occupying his mind with the holiday we have booked for next year.
He's been reading up about it and watching things on you tube.
One thing has been stressed repeatedly is the fact that trousers are the only satisfactory mode of dress for said holiday.
This has worried hubby as I don't wear trousers or skirts or tights, only dresses.
I'm not worried, I'm sure I'll manage as my dresses are mid-calf length and fairly full.
Obviously hubby is a great connoisseur of fashion and he proved this when he came into the kitchen and suggested I bought some shallots to wear on holiday!
I'm assuming he meant culottes, either way I won't be wearing onions or a split skirt on the holiday

3 comments:

Angela said...

Are you sure he wouldn't prefer denim beans?

Hard up Hester said...

Love that Angela

Rambler said...

I'm wondering why it has been specified that trousers are best for your holiday: Is there climbing involved? Or riding? Is it a religious specification - all skin to be covered? Oo-er, maybe it would be prudent to treat yourself to a couple of pairs of trousers/slacks and appropriate tops to save spoiling your holiday.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...