Thursday 21 July 2016

Writers circle

Last night was my writers circle meeting, not only were we plagued by flying ants, one lady was determinedly swatting them with a magazine, another was having hysterics because she didn't want them killed.

 The second lady became even more hysterical when the ants all started to land on her as they took a shine to her yellow tee shirt.

We also read out the rest of our stories that we had put forward to be professionally critiqued. Well all I can say is if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen!

We were given a topic to write about and there had to be a connection, however loose.

One gentleman had written  interesting piece but I could see no connection to the topic we were given, I assumed it was just me and that I'd missed something but no, and this was pointed out to him  critique.


The critic was kind about the writing style and the research undertaken but couldn't see the connection to the given topic.

Well it went down like a lead balloon, the poor critic had his knowledge of the topic, writing in general and even his legitimacy called into question!

And I thought I was bad at taking rejection, still it enlivened the evening somewhat and distracted us from the flying ants. 

1 comment:

Lyssa Medana said...

You are braver than I am, going to a writer's circle. I hope we get to see the fruits of it. x

Suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions but Steve won't eat the beef now what ever I do to it. There is far too much for me to eat, it would take me ...