Saturday 2 July 2016

Lemons

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

So what can I make from a pile of steaming shit?

Last night's quiz and curry night was good fun, I still think I should have been given points for my answer to the question 'What is the one thing Elvis never gave when he performed?'
My answer was 'A blowjob' it bought the house down but wasn't correct, it seems Elvis never gave an encore, hence the phrase 'Elvis has left the building'.

DD2's psychotic episode made the drive home interesting to say the least, but that is why we had DIL with us as I can't see to drive in the dark.

I have dealt with my L&M having similar episodes but he hasn't had one for ten years now so I'm a bit out of practice. If I ever meet the psychiatrist who changes her medication every other week I shall kick him in the nuts!

Today I looked after DD1's toddler twins from 11:30 until 2:30, along with her 10 and 11 year old as her 16 year old had a hospital appointment and he didn't want to go alone, I can't say I blame him.
The children were very good and I made a picnic that we ate on the decking, once we'd finished I just shook the quilt we'd sat on, onto the grass. The starlings had a field day once we'd come indoors.

Tonight I had arranged to go to a dinner and disco at a local hotel for a colleagues 50th birthday, after last night I nearly didn't go but I'd paid and I didn't want to appear rude so off I trundled.

I'm so glad I did, the starter and main course were very good but the desserts were disappointing. But the best bit was the music, everything from Reet Petite by Jackie Wilson, released in 1957 through Lets Twist Again by Chubby Checker  1962 and then they played lots of Motown which is the music of my youth, Supremes, Four Tops, Temptation and Martha and the Vandellas, so I bopped around for an hour.

Now my feet are swollen from my toes to my knees but it was worth it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Hester, you are naughty, but I didn't know Elvis never gave an encore. You sound as though your drive home was pretty scarey.

You obviously enjoyed yourself last night but for goodness sake try to rest your legs today and allow the swelling to go down, of course you could get your L&M to help with that lol.

Take care

Marie xx

galant said...

That is really funny! Love it! That should win a prize for your wit!
Margaret P

crafty cat corner said...

What can you make from a pile of steaming shit? Why rose manure of course, lol
Great post.
Briony
x

It's been rough.

We've had a few difficult days. The weather has been nice and sunny though not particularly warm. I'm not sure what triggered Steve ...