Wednesday 5 August 2020

The fireman's special

Steve has a friend who is a retired fireman. He was telling Steve about his favourite breakfast. I made it for Steve this morning and he really enjoyed it.

It's a bacon and egg sandwich but with a difference.

You start with a slice of buttered bread, top that with a couple of bacon rashers, onto of the bacon you place a slice of hot buttered toast. On top of the toast you stack a fried egg, then finish off with another slice of buttered bread.

I have no idea what it tasted like as I had a bowl of shreddies.


3 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds delicious but a bit of a pain to prepare. I also would have opted for the shreddies (or in my case a bowl of oat bran).

Hard up Hester said...

I'm not really interested in a cooked breakfast unless someone cooks it for me Chris.

JanF said...

It's a lovely treat when someone does cook it for you though!

A nosedive.

I'm struggling at present, my sight has taken another nosedive. Hopefully I'll adjust to it soon. Unfortunately it's coincided w...