Thursday 19 October 2023

So excited

 It was damp and drizzly y'day, Steve and Beano both hate the rain. So when Steve realised we were running out of bread I offered to go to the shops to buy some fresh rolls.

To my amazement he agreed! 

I wouldn't go so as to say he was happy about it but he did agree. He drew me a map of where to find the shop, it's only at the top of our road! He also drew maps of the inside of both shops, Lidl, for bread rolls as they have an in-store bakery, Aldi, for the rest of the shopping on the list he wrote for me.

I took my shopping trolley as I knew I'd find stuff I'd want to buy and I did. I bought some frozen fruit to go with my breakfasts, mango and fruits of the forest and some mini mars bars. Along with the rolls and the stuff Steve wanted.

If course he started yelling the minute I arrived home, like a relieved mother who's lost child has reappeared. Beano was pleased to see me and cuddled up as soon as I was sat down.

Obviously I'd purchased the wrong stuff/spent too much money/taken too long/got wet in the rain.  

I told Steve to shut the fcuk up but I expect from now on he will go to the shops even if it is raining!

10 comments:

Lyssa Medana said...

That frozen fruit sounds lovely.

Fingers crossed you get another chance to escape to shop soon. Please pass on gentle scritches to Beano.

Sooze said...

I had to laugh at the idea of Steve drawing you a map, he's definitely a bit OTT isn't he.

Hard up Hester said...

Sooze, he's as nutty as a squirrels fart, how he's managed to convince the neighbours that he's normal, I have no idea!

Margaret Butterworth said...

How you can put up with this man beats me!

Ellen D. said...

I wonder what would happen if you left. Do you ever think about it?
I divorced my husband after 33 years and have never regretted it for one minute. He is better too.

Debby said...

It's not my place to say, but quite honestly, life is too short.

Anonymous said...

Well done you! It's about time you answered him back, appropriately after how he speaks to you. Well done..... and if you want to go to the shops any time, just go, you don't need his permission and if he says anything tell him to shove his little comment and his maps, where the sun doesn't shine
Well done Hester, that's like the old Hester who used to put down those idiots at work so well. X

flis said...

I was told that people even with dementia can hide the facts from others because it's only for a short time that they are in company x

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Hester! Well done keep your independence as long as you can and keep standing up to him, buy the food you like to eat, he may just have a light bulb moment and change his ways!

Donna said...

Lolol...good for you, he deserved it...sorry you got rained on though.
hugs
Donna

It's not a long boat!

I recently got a new book via kindle unlimited, it is a godsend to me as I read a lot of books. I can't hear well enough to listen to th...