Tuesday 2 April 2024

Smelly wardrobe.

The smelly wardrobe was here when we moved in, along with a chest of drawers and two bedside tables.

These items were left by the previous resident and as we'd been living on a boat for six years we had no furniture of our own.

We purchased a brand new bed and two units for the living room. We also bought a small dining table and four chairs.

We bought a sofa, an armchair and a nest of tables second hand.

This is all we have and all we need.

Whilst I was out having coffee with Betty and Harry y'day, Steve took the doors off my wardrobe ready to dismantle the rest of it the day before the new wardrobe arrives.

When I got home Steve explained that he expected me to keep all my clothes in the new wardrobe. I was puzzled and asked what clothes? It seems I have a large collection of clothes that I am unaware of. I explained that these were all my clothes but Steve doesn't believe me. He doesn't want to argue about it but he isn't prepared to keep sharing his wardrobe with me once my new wardrobe has arrived. 

I've let it go for now, but if he starts on the subject again I will ask him to show me this large collection of clothes that I am unaware of!

6 comments:

Sue Smit said...

Could you possibly get a cognitive testing done to see if Steve has early onset dementia. Not trying to be funny but many of his issues sound like something is going on. The rants and the temper tantrums all lean to that. You could speak to his doctor on the QT as it can only get worse.

Anonymous said...

I'd let HIM 'go for now'!. Really don't understand how and why you cope with this nastiness on a daily basis. Only here once, just saying!

Hard up Hester said...

We can't get a Dr's appointment for love nor money round here.

Anonymous said...

When you have the new wardrobe for ‘all of your clothes’ do not show him the space left after you have filled it as he may well want to share it with you. Jan in Castle Gresley

gz said...

Yes, my husband can't believe that I only have my grandmother's small wardrobe for everything except most of my coats..He has a big wardrobe, a small wardrobe, a tallboy, two under the bed drawers and a big case.....

Anonymous said...

I would just let it go and when you get your wardrobe just put what you have in it without comment, don't show him that you've got lots of space or he might decide he needs it for himself

Hearing aids.

Steve's current rant du jour is hearing aids. His are national health and free. He only wears them when he goes out, never indoors, he c...