I checked the fridge this morning & there are 7 or 8 mushrooms that are past their best, I have loads of onions in there too so I got a piece of shin of beef from the freezer & I shall make a beef & mushroom casserole for tomorrow, it will be served with mash, carrots & peas, it will be enough for 2 days I expect so I will serve it again on Thursday but add some curry powder to it & serve it with rice & mango chutney.
Today we will have a roast dinner, with pork for the L&M, I'll just have the 'go withs'.
I have a large piece of smoked haddock in the freezer, I shall defrost it & cut it into 3, my L&M & I will have smoked haddok with poached egg on Wednesday, the remaining third will be added to some coley & made in to a fish pie.
Sunday, 9 March 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
1 comment:
That is just how I like to plan the weeks meals, I like to start the week with all fresh things in the fridge. If I can't empty it by Saturday then it is made into meals and frozen. I have an order being delivered from Asda on Monday, Wisbech town is a nightmare for traffic because of road works and the main road in has long delays as well so rather than sit and burn petrol in a queue I am having it delivered. The coffee that I use is on less than half price and the saving on 1 jar will cover delivery. win win.
Post a Comment