DD1's house purchase has fallen through 3 days before moving day.
She has decided not to pass the bad luck on down the chain and has found somewhere to rent.
This is going to involve her in much more driving to and fro to get the children to school.
Lots of expense, legal fees, survey cost etc, but the biggest crisis was that if she hadn't managed to find somewhere to rent quickly her foster children could have been returned to care as they have now reached the age when they are too old to share a room.
As DD also has dogs it was difficult to find a rented home where the dogs could go to, faced with the choice between losing the dogs and losing the children, there was a possibility the dogs could have been put to sleep, they could not be rehomed because of their age and breed. DD was praying hubby and I would agree to foster the dogs to avoid this.
The estate agent explained all this to the house owner but to no avail.
Still I'm sure the homeowner who withdrew her house from sale at the last moment so she could sell privately is very pleased that she saved herself the estate agents fees!!!