Thursday 24 November 2016

Cutting back for Christmas

I'm sorting out my cupboards and freezer ready for Christmas, I did a supermarket shop yesterday, it must be the smallest ever.


Black pepper
Teabags
Mushrooms
Coffee
Butter
I also shopped at the butchers, I bought:-
Chicken thighs
Breast of lamb
One pork chop
Two pieces of steak
Minced beef
I have fish, grated cheese and a casserole in the freezer and one Co-op £5 deal, the deal consisted of a chicken and leek pie, potato croquets, peas, swede and carrot mash and a tub of ice cream. In the fridge there are potatoes and other vegetables.
Because of my L&M's shift pattern and a couple of nights out, this should through until Christmas.

2 comments:

galant said...

I left a comment, but Google is playing stupid again, and not allowing me to post comments. I have to give my password etc and by the time I've done all that, the message I've posted as a comment has vanished. I just wanted to praise your restrained shopping habit!
Margaret P

Hard up Hester said...

Thank you Margaret, Blogger seems to be playing silly bugger at he moment.

New neighbours.

A couple of days ago I met the couple who have purchased one of the flats here. The flat is over two floors, has two bedrooms, two bathrooms...