Thursday 16 March 2017

Busy, busy

Because we are away every weekend I have to fit everything else in after work, on Tuesday I left work at 2 and didn't get home until 8pm, yesterday I met up with DD1 and didn't get home until 8:30pm.
Today it's not too bad, I've been to the doctors, chemist, bank, petrol station and supermarket and got home by 4pm.

Rumours abound at work, my L&M's line manager is being replaced, it seems his team's shift system will be changing yet again. They will be expected to cover all day Saturday and Sunday, I'm not sure how it's going to work with only three people, time will tell.

On the boat, the pram cover is almost ready, the multifuel stove is in, we will be hooked up to shore power again this weekend. We're meeting the previous owners for a handover Saturday morning and I'm taking another shedload of cleaning cloths to continue cleaning the boat, the kitchen cupboards are full of all the cleaning stuff that mustn't be used on the canals, so I taking stuff with me that can be used.  I'm also taking extra bedding so my L&M doesn't freeze again.







4 comments:

markdebby said...

Will you be using a dehumidifer in your boat? We think it's a God send since we started.

sweet blondie blue eyes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fran said...

Hi, I have been out of blogland for quite sometime and having been reading your blog updates with interest. I live on a Dutch barge and absolutely love it. Are you going to be continuous cruisers? Do you know about a Facebook group called Women on Barges, it is a lovely community of women who live (or sometimes live) on various watercraft. I look forward to reading your adventures xx

galant said...

It's all getting very exciting, soon you will be living on the water!
But what a stressful time - so much to do and work to go to as well. Chin up, old girl.
Best of luck,
Margaret P

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...