Tuesday 11 October 2016

Anniversary

Next month it will be the anniversary on the death of my lovely mother in law.

We haven't seen FIL for many months now, the final straw for me was when he said I was a liar. I claim to have a son who is a firefighter. It seems FIL has decided I don't and that I'm making it up.

Anyway, to get back to the anniversary, FIL has 'organised a memorial' no one is sure if this means an event of some sort or if he means a statue or something similar.

Either way he has been very upset, claiming to have spent a fortune on this, but that someone is trying to stop him. The problem is he's not clear on who is trying to stop him, maybe he just thinks someone will.

I think we will just keep our heads down and keep out of the way.



4 comments:

galant said...

You can commemorate the anniversary without having to be with your FIL, perhaps?
Margaret P

Anonymous said...

Hester, it is hard to believe it is a year, and your L&M is still not well after the goings on.

As Margaret says if you feel L&M needs to mark the anniversary, I would think it better for the two of you to do something by yourselves, he really doesn't need any agro from family members.

Marie xx

kate steeper said...

Families, whatever you do it's wrong , take a deep breath and a large vodka and go anyway . the things we do because we care about our partners are so underrated , but at least he will know you tried

Hard up Hester said...

We will raise a glass to MIL, just the 2 of us & leave the rest of the family to their own devices.

Suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions but Steve won't eat the beef now what ever I do to it. There is far too much for me to eat, it would take me ...