Thursday 6 October 2016

I tried, I really tried

But in the end I walked away.
I had an engineer turn up today to repair a machine that wasn't even broken.
Some idiot couldn't work out how to press the correct button, so an engineer had been called out for a wasted journey.
It was then suggested I spend some time training the person who had the problem.
I tried, I really tried, but unfortunately she is an expert on EVERYTHING, so when I tried to explain, she shouted me down and told me how the machine should work.
It was either that or wring her fucking neck!

6 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

Should have wring it!

Anonymous said...

As above!! Catriona

Sheila said...

Yep........I would have wrung her neck too.
I don't know how you put up with the idiots you work with I really don't-x-

Anonymous said...

Yup. Option 'B' all the way.

'tis hard to soar with eagles when you work with turkeys.

galant said...

Maybe when the engineer called you should've got her into the office on some pretence so that she could hear him say, "What idiot did this?" loudly in front of you (and her). That might've solved the current and possible future problems with this know-all!
Margaret P

Hard up Hester said...

I love the eagles comment anon.
Unfortunately, the engineer would only make tactful comments so no help there.
There is a notice now above the machine that says 'Do not refill the paper drawer, phone 3123 for assistance' Also an email has gone to the culprits telling them that the call out bill will come from their budget, so their line manager is on their backs now.

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...