Friday 14 October 2016

Spending money and not spending money

I bought my self 2 pairs of boots, one pair was £25 from New Look, the other pair was £9.99 from Ebay.

I need boots to keep me warm as I cannot wear trousers, skirts or tights. I wore my last pair to death, there are holes in the soles and they aren't repairable, wet feet are not warm feet.

I'm also bidding on a black pinafore dress and watching 3 others, all of them are under £5. I shall only buy one pinafore dress, I have a red silk blouse that was a 40th birthday present and I can't bear to part with it, so I need a pinafore dress to wear it with.

I also need slippers but it is my birthday next month so will ask for some then.

My winter jackets are being worn, one was from Edinburgh Wool and is 15 years old, the other is black cashmere and is 30 years old.


There is no heating at work until 1st November and my wool jackets are warmer than my 2 cardigans that are both acrylic.

And then I went on to Amazon, looked through their list of free books and bought 15 new books, all for nothing.

Amongst these are the complete novels of Elizabeth Gaskell, I have read two of them years ago and I'm looking forward to rereading them.

3 comments:

Justine said...

Wow impressive coats lasting so well!

Margie from Toronto said...

Wow - that's awfully late to turn on the heat! It's the law here that heat must be available by Oct. 1st. The rad in my bathroom clicked in last week as it's been getting quite cool at night but thank goodness it's turned off today as it's going up to 24C again!

You are obviously a good shopper and you must look after your things to have them last so long. I am constantly appalled when I see people - who have paid a lot of money for items - treat them like rags and then wonder why they need to go out and purchase replacements in no time. Keep warm.

Anonymous said...

I have a few long-sleeved, low-necked T-shirts to go underneath my office wear; it helps tremendously!

Siebrie

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...