Thursday 14 January 2016

Good day, bad day

At least I had a working pc from mid morning onwards, yesterday I didn't have a pc at all, so I was able to get some work done finally today.
DD1 is having problems with her mortgage company, they have lost every bit of information she has sent them 3 times now.
DD2 started yesterday with a flat car battery and a buggy missing one wheel, it was 10:15 before she finished the school run.
I was saddened to hear about the death of Alan Rickman, he had a voice to dampen female knickers from 50 paces. I loved him in Galaxy Quest and Truly Madly Deeply, and in Prince of Thieves he knocked spots off Kevin Costner. Now for a bit of movie trivia, Alan Rickman acted in a film called January Man, this also starred  Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, who played Maid Marian in Prince of Thieves.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree about Alan Rickman, I also loved him in Truly Madly Deeply.

Hope your DDs both have better luck soon.

Marjorie said...

I too am in agreement about Alan Rickman. He was fabulous in everything he did.
I hope your Dds bad luck has left them.

Sheila said...

So sad to hear about Alan Rickman today. Loved him in TMD and Love Actually.
Sorry to hear about your daughter's troubles.

Treaders said...

Oh how right you are about Alan Rickman's voice - and yes he did out-act Kevin Costner in Robin Hood. RIP Alan Rickman.

Poppypatchwork said...

He was a true star, it's not been a great start to the new year.

Linda Metcalf said...

Sad, sad news of Alan Rickman...He was one of the greats and will be missed.

TrishWish said...

I have been known to use his famous line from Robin Hood "Christmas is cancelled"!

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...