Monday 11 January 2016

Time

My L&M and I both wear hearing aids, when we need new batteries it means a two hour round trip to the hospital in the centre to town to collect them. It is very difficult and expensive to park at the hospital so we go by bus, it's free with our bus passes, but time consuming.

I'm running out of my BP tablets, so I ordered a repeat prescription, I went to the surgery to collect the prescription. It took them 25 minutes to find the prescription in a box containing about 20 scripts!

Then I went to the pharmacy and handed in the script, there was a 10 minute wait so I went to the Co-op to check out their Feed a family for £5 deal.
I returned to the pharmacy and waited, and waited and waited, they too had lost my script. It took 45 minutes for them to find it and give me my tablets.

An hour and 10 minutes of my life wasted, waiting for an assortment of stupid people to do a couple of fairly simple tasks. Oh and if you get deja vu reading this, it is because this shambles takes place every 8 weeks, every time I need more tablets!


6 comments:

Treaders said...

I know what you mean. I don't know how people can be so dumb/slow/inefficient. God help them if they ever had to do something in a hurry. I'm sorry to hear about our FIL too. It does sound rather like dementia doesn't it - although leaving the booze alone might be a good way to find out first though - him not you, I mean. Good luck. Anna

Lyssa Medana said...

Sometimes I almost feel I have to go to the other side of the desk and sort their filing out. Bear has done better! Depending on alcohol levels, it may be worth keeping an eye on the oddness. Uncle's dementia was triggered by illness but the unfamiliar really set him off, and now FIL is in unfamiliar territory. Or he could just be smuggling vodka in a diet coke bottle. Hugs. x

Anonymous said...

From Margie in Toronto - oh dear - makes me really appreciate the Pharmacy that I go to! They know me by name and take no time at all to fill my prescriptions - and they are really good about answering questions and making helpful suggestions - and in the Fall they even do our Flu shots so you don't have to wait at the doctor's office. Must remember to always say THANK YOU!

saraband said...

Does your GP practice have the facility to order repeat prescriptions online? We request ours this way with the prescription being sent to the pharmacy of our choice (nearer to home than the surgery) and we can then pick them up 2-3 days later.

Anonymous said...

Your lucky you got the script. Hubby's was found after them looking for half an hour in the shredder !!! along with another lady that was there at the same time. I have collected tablets only to get home and find the box empty and they were no more concerned as to where they were. I dread going to the doctors and pharmacy.
Sue

frugal freesia said...

I too often have to wait for pharmacy to find my prescibed medicine.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...