Sunday 31 January 2016

Taking care

WS, it is definitely a cold I have, my darling grandchildren gave it to me, but  I did take an antihistamine, it stopped me wanting to rip my face off.

This weekend has mainly been taking care, of myself, of my L&M, of some outstanding issues.

On the household front, I have done little apart from providing food, the rest of the time has been spent on the sofa under a quilt either on line, chatting to my L&M or watching TV and consuming copious amounts of tea and lemsip.

We have had discussions about the problems surrounding MIL's will, we could be looking at a bill in excess of £20,000.this is the cost to transfer the house to the trusteeship. We need to get to this stage to block the bad BIL from making FIL homeless, this, in theory would be split 4 ways, except, of course the bad BIL will not contribute. Discussions are ongoing.

As if there wasn't enough going on with MIL's will I decided that now would be the ideal time to go after my ex-husband for the balance of what I am owed.
I have written to him to explain that I want a lower amount if he agrees without going through a solicitor and if he doesn't I'll go after the true value of the business and house and half his pension.

I now await a reply, I'm very scared, but I can't let the fact that he is a bully stop me from getting what should have been mine..

4 comments:

Lyssa Medana said...

Sending seriously good vibes.

Hope you feel better soon and good luck!

Shaz and Steve said...

Go for it girl!

Sheila said...

Sending you healing thoughts and wishing you the best of luck with all the crap you have to deal with. I'm sure it would send me running for the hills-x-

Treaders said...

Gosh I know that feeling well - about being married to a bully (a violent one in my case). Mine buggered off with his tart and left me with two kids, and still I ended up taking on the debts, paying his lawyer's fees, notary's fees the lot. And he only earns about 200 pounds a month less than me. If we had split things "honestly" he would have got nothing but .... it was worth it to take it on the chin in case he didn't sign the divorce papers. Still, I believe in karma. You are incredibly strong and I am cheering you on from the sidelines. Best of luck. Anna

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...