Monday 10 June 2019

A pair of deaf old buggers

Steve and I both have hearing problems, Steve's are made worse by his refusal to wear his hearing aids unless he is going out.

We both need a referral to the hearing unit.

Steve received a letter in February saying an appointment would be made for him, so I chased it up today as the letter had been filed without an appointment being made.

I have enquired about the telephone appointment I am expecting but was told that at my age I'm not a priority!

2 comments:

justjill said...

When you go with him to the hearing aid appointment ask again. You never know.

Anonymous said...

I'm 50 and I've been a hearing aid wearer for 20 years. I'm now at the stage where I really struggle with the phone. Always amazed me when the hospital audiology department phone you or require you to phone them as so many deaf/hard of hearing people struggle with phones. The last time I had an appointment there the audiologist came out and called me by name. Good job I took my daughter with me or else I'd never know it was my name she was mumbling.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.