Monday 17 June 2019

Confusing much?

We moved the boat this morning and we will move again on Thursday weather permitting.

There is no satellite signal here, too many trees in the way, but it's not a problem as I recorded lots of programs whilst we were in the marina.

I mainly record Lewis, Midsomer Murders, Vera, Long Lost Family and a few films. I forgot to record Gentleman Jack, but I'm sure it will be repeated.

This evening I wanted something to watch whilst I knitted, I played an episode of Lewis and then after our evening meal I played an episode of Midsomer Murders. I was totally confused for a  few moments when Rebecca Front appeared on screen and I wondered if I'd pressed play on the wrong program but no, Rebecca Front who plays Chief Superintendent Jean Innocent in Lewis plays a vicar in an episode of Midsummer Murders.

I'm actually very excited about my knitting, it has holes in it and THEY ARE MEANT TO BE THERE, I'm not saying all the holes are in the right place but most of them are. Usually any holes in my knitting are accidental!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Live in the USA but love those shows. Even traveled to Oxford to learn all about the places mentioned in Inspector Morse. Unfortunately Colin Dexter was too frail to meet us but the trip was exceptional. Wish they would do a follow up with Hathaway. Ana USA

Chris said...

Right now I am watching "Endeavour" on PBS. Yesterday's episode was very exciting.

Anonymous said...

I just love your sense of humour Hester. My knitting a bit like that too. ��

Allegra said...

Oh that same thing happened to me once. Watched Lewis, switched channels, started watching that very episode of Midsomer murders, didn't know if it was arse or breakfast time for a few minutes. Not sure why her appearance confused me so much, actors reappear all the time between different programs I watch, but somehow seeing her made my brain think I was still watching Lewis.

Hard up Hester said...

I'm glad it's not just me Alleges.

Hard up Hester said...

Sorry, Allegra, bloody predictive text!

Lyssa Medana said...

Isn't it wonderful to find deliberate holes! I love Midsomer Murders, and used to watch them when bear was tiny, but he always woke up for a bottle and change half way through! Hugs x

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...