Friday 7 June 2019

Splashing the cash

It's been pertiddiling down most of the day. We had one dry sunny spell and we took Beano out for a walk. He's not keen on rain, he tends to do the necessary and then head back to the boat.

I left him with Steve this morning and headed to the nearest supermarket. I was in dire need of slippers ever since Beano crapped in mine.

I bought two pairs, a fluffy lined pair for cold days and a pair of mules. Hopefully wearing them will stop me treading grass throughout the boat.

I also stocked up on my favourite decaf tea bags, I'll happily use own brands of most things but I only really like Yorkshire tea bags and Aldi and the smaller shops tend not to stock them. I bought six boxes and they are stashed in my wardrobe.

Beano managed to jump up onto a bar stool so he could look out the back window and watch for my car arriving in the car park.

4 comments:

BMW said...

Beano is settling in nicely, aside from his gift inside your slipper. My cats like doing similiar things. Enjoy your day.

Carol Caldwell said...

Sweet photo.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Good old Yorkshire Tea Bags - win every time.

Rambler said...

YESSS! Decaffeinated Yorkshire teabags for me, too. I buy mine from Tesco - in bulk if they have the ones with a price offer on them.
When I first moved to Cornwall, with its soft water, my former favourite teabags tasted awful. I tried all sorts but once I found Yorkshire teabags, I was converted.

New neighbours.

A couple of days ago I met the couple who have purchased one of the flats here. The flat is over two floors, has two bedrooms, two bathrooms...