Not the length of the walk, just the direction.
There is a very large and aggressive swan just along from where we are moored,.
Probably guarding a nest.
Discretion being the better part of valour, we walk in the other direction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Taking a tumble.
I managed to trip y'day and ended up stretched out on the pavement. Beano immediately returned to my side and stood quietly, though he d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
7 comments:
We have a pair of swans here with 4 cygnets and they do hiss a bit if we get too close. they are off the tow path on a little stream though.
This one is right on the towpath and marching up and down threatening everyone who tried to pass.
A wise decision - an angry swan can easily break your arm.
We have to watch out for the Canada Geese at this time of year for the same reason!
I used to live in a canal side cottage, and would regularly advise walkers to avoid a certain stretch of the toe path due to nesting swans, 9 Times out of 10, this was ignored and I would smile serenely as they hurried back past us being pursued by a narky swan 😉
Mr BH has aquired a lonely single swan down at the fishing pit, it seems to fancy him , it sits beside him and he darent move...lol ...congratulations on your new troll , never had a portugese one before..lol
Ohhh, at least this one isn't Anonymous! ;)
Post a Comment