Tuesday 16 June 2020

Camaraderie

Many boaters go out of their way to help others. I  always help with locks and bridges, it makes life easier for every one.

Steve will stop and chat to everyone boaters and passers by. I'll smile and wave but I don't tend to start a conversation as I cannot hear what people are saying so there is no point.

Some leisure boaters and many land dwellers look down on liveaboards, they see us as scroungers and pikeys.

There are also a lot of vulnerable people living on the cut who do so because they find life elsewhere too stressful, sometimes because of mental health issues, addiction or other problems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed that people look down on you, I look up to you boaters with the utmost respect (and envy)

mamasmercantile said...

I was surprised too that people look down on you, what a strange world we live in.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.