Wednesday 24 May 2017

Still slogging on

I've sold my fridge freezer, someone offered me £25 and I accepted.

I had arranged to go straight to DD1's after work yesterday to look after my twin grandchildren from 2:30 until 5. But I detoured home first to switch off the freezer and put my washing up bowl in the bottom of it.

The DGC were very pleased to see me and the blueberries I took with me.
I read lots of stories, had lots of cuddles and they both tried my ID badge on.
They were 3 earlier this month so are toilet trained and talk in sentences now.

I got home about 5:30 cooked our evening meal, sliced turkey, new potatoes and assorted veg.

I was about to attack the freezer when a friend of ours turned up, it was late when he left but at least the freezer had defrosted completely.
It was almost midnight by the time I finished washing all the drawers and shelves.

I was up at 5 this morning, but no cuppa for me, I had a fasting blood test booked at 8:30.
I snuck to the post office after the Doctors as there was a card through the door yesterday to say a parcel had arrived and needed collecting, it's the final hanging rack for the kitchen.

I have a huge bruise and blood filled blister from where the nurse stabbed me, I think she was a bit ham-fisted as I don't usually mark that badly.

This evening the freezer was collected along with a chest of drawers. I've swept and mopped the kitchen floor, CHS & I have gone through 3 drawers and two baskets that CHS had filled with crap, he will sort his clothes out tomorrow.

The WM has been on twice and the lines are full, the washing will probably dry before I go to bed, mind you I shall not be going to bed very early.


2 comments:

galant said...

All your possessions from your life-before-boat are fast disappearing, this must fill you with a feeling of lightness, I think? Having few possessions and a lovely new boat-home from where you can tour the waterways of the UK. Someone had a lucky buy with a fridge/freezer for £25!
Margaret P

Hard up Hester said...

Feeling of lightness interspersed with occasional feelings of panic!

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...