When I first moved here one of the neighbours was sending the delivery drivers away as he believed no-one here would be internet savvy and ordering on line.
Another neighbour complained about my grandchildren visiting me, she doesn't like seeing unaccompanied children near her bungalow. My grandchildren are 12, they don't walk near her bungalow as they live the other side of the village and they are polite. This is the same neighbour who doesn't think I should go to the pub on my own for lunch.
I don't have a lot of patience with this sort of idiocy but I've made allowance for people being elderly and insular.
I'm now going to upset the neighbours all over again. I have a visitor due next week who, I've been told, has a multicolored mohawk and lots of tattoos. I await the resulting brouhaha with interest!
14 comments:
None of their business who you have visiting.
How funny, they'll be shocked 😂
Oh what fun! I hope they are suitably shocked.
Also hope I never get old and tetchy like that.
I wish I could visit you! I am unremarkable in appearance so wouldn't frighten the neighbors. Since I live in Florida it is unlikely but wish I could.
There are some very odd people around and I don't mean your upcoming visitor!
It never ceases to amaze me what people comment on, and feel they have a right to comment on. J/Wpg
That will make for an interesting morning!
You appear to have shaken up that sleepy village, did you ever think you could cause such a stir??
Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could take some photos of your scandalised neighbours' faces when the multi coloured mohawk arrives!
Children walking in their street? Really? I hope I never become so blooming insular and judgemental. Let the colourful people come!
Ooohhh I hope you can take your colourful visitor to lunch - what a shock for your prissy neighbours!
Your neighbors are snoops! I'm surprised they pay so much attention to what is going on at your place.
Oh yes! Go to the pub for lunch, not on your own, but with your Mohawk friend!!!😁😂
So,!who is this rainbow coloured mohawk that's scheduled to set tongues wagging?
Nobody's business but your own but boy am I intrigued.
Post a Comment