Thursday 24 July 2014

Rant, rant, rant

 Some of the local schools broke up at lunch time yesterday & by the time I got home just after 3, the street was full of children playing, by 6 o'clock all hell had broken out. Two parents had fallen out with another group, all getting involved in their kids battles. It ended up with two parents knocking on doors asking people to take sides! I didn't answer the door & when they stopped me later to ask why I said I'd been in the garden & hadn't heard them knocking. I refuse to get involved, kids need to sort out their own arguments unless there is violence involved. Everyone round here is related to everyone else so if you fall out with Beryl next door, you then discover you can't get served in the local shop cos it's Agnes, her second cousin 4 times removed that serves in there.I'll be polite to everyone but keep my distance, I'll help if help is needed & then back off again.
We ended up with 'bouncers' patrolling the street, only allowing children who live in the street to play & sending others away! The said 'bouncers' being 2 squat, tattooed mothers, questioning all the children & anyone else they could see.  If they do it again I shall be calling the police I resent being questioned by a couple barely literate morons about my movements & allegiances!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Margie in Toronto - What a carry on! You are so right - unless there is violence, let the kids sort it themselves - the parents just make it 10 x worse - chances are the kids would have forgotten all about it by today! You did the right thing. I hope you get a peaceful few weeks break.

Hard up Hester said...

I'm just glad I don't have children of that age now.

rabbitquilter said...

You will be looking forward to going beck to work in September if you aren't careful!!!!! It almost makes you want it to rain doesn't it?!!! Heyho, only another 6 weeks!! Good luck!

It's been rough.

We've had a few difficult days. The weather has been nice and sunny though not particularly warm. I'm not sure what triggered Steve ...