Wednesday 15 January 2014

I've made my decision, will it be agreed?

I've been home since 4 & despite having poached eggs on toast & 2 or 3 cups of tea I've only just got warm and it's almost 6, the heating is on, but not very high for economy reasons & I'm sat under a blanket. Part of the problem is tiredness I think, because of this I made a decision at the weekend. I have decided to ask to reduce my hours at work, my pay will drop of course but I'm going to draw my pension & hopefully the 2 will balance out.
I've put my request in writing, I have no idea how long it will take for a decision to be made or what the decision will be, all I can do is wait & see.
Today I had a delivery of paper, 20 boxes, they all had to be put away, it was a lot of lifting & shifting.
I've also asked for compassionate leave when Helen has her twins as she has asked me to be her birthing partner

5 comments:

Pam said...

That is exactly what I did, then a few months later decided to retire completely. I admit that the decision was brought forward because of my back problems but I am so happy to be out of the hellhole. My job had become mostly heavy lifting, pushing and shoving.Good luckwith the request.

Hard up Hester said...

I'd love to retire but can't until the mortgage is paid off

veeknits19 said...

Sounds like a good decision, health is so important & work just gets more and more tiring. Good luck, hope you get the decision agreed, Vee x

frugal freesia said...

Fingers crossed they agree. Sounds like you have a very stressful workplace.

Unknown said...

I moved from one job to another and took a massive pay cut by choice and got my life and health back. You are doing the right thing for sure.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...