Sunday 7 September 2014

Getting a grip

Now that I'm back at work after the summer break, I'm ending up at the end of the day with the shakes, I'm trying to keep on top of the garden harvest & I cook from scratch, I don't cook every night as I try to cook a few meals on a Sunday when the oven is on to make my life easier during the week. 

I also want to continue seeing my grandchildren & with my crafts, sewing, quilting, crochet etc. I could give these up but then there is bugger all joy in doing nothing but work & sleep.

We are throwing every spare penny at the mortgage but it is literally pennies so it is going to be a long slow haul.

For a while, after I was ill I had the shopping delivered, that has now stopped, I fill the car up with petrol once a fortnight & if I need anything from Tesco's I get it then. 

Once a month I'm going to Aldi, I only spend around £30, I still spend most of my food budget in the local butchers/greengrocers.

3 comments:

Linda Metcalf said...

I know that it can be overwhelming at times believe me. Take a deep breath and slow down...I had to do s to keep my sanity. But I do think that the projects help take your mind off the "work" stuff!

Hard up Hester said...

You are right, it's mainly 'first week back' exhaustion talking

Anonymous said...

From Margie in Toronto - I think you're right to keep your fun activities like crafting, you need that balance, just don't let those things become another chore.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...