Saturday 16 April 2016

Weekend

I have DGD5 here, she had a sleepover here last night and was up just after 5am, we'd made choc chip muffins by just after 7.

Her sister, 18mths is arriving about 10 until 3 or 4, so I won't get much done today, I swept the downstairs last night after DGD had gone to bed and have done 3 loads in the WM, they will be drying over the maiden today as it is raining here.

DGD & I have been out for a long walk in the rain doing Beat The Street, it certainly made her enthusiastic about walking.

My L&M is going out with some friends this afternoon, the DGD's will have gone home before he gets home so I will have a couple of hours on my own. I'm going to go through my fabric stash, I need to recover my dining room chairs. I may end up doing them mix and match as I don't think I have enough of any one fabric to cover all 6 of them.

I will also try and cut out another bag too, I can't wait for the interfacing to arrive so I can finish them.

My L&M are having a weekend away in May, I've booked tickets and a cheap B&B, we are going to a boat show, there is live music in the evening which should be fun.

4 comments:

veeknits19 said...

You sound as busy as ever. I hadn't heard of beat the street before, can you explain how it works please? Vee x

Linda Metcalf said...

Busy lady you are! But aren't grands so much fun? And sewing projects on the go ...you leave me breathless!

Anonymous said...

May I suggest doing a "disappearing nine patch" for each chair?
Not easy when looking after Grandkids too!

Regards, Sylvia.

lah2563 said...

Sounds like you are off to Crick Boat Show, it was a regular haunt of ours. Now we have a boat and spend 8 months of the year cruising the British canals. Following your adventures on holiday was lovely.
Regards Lynda X

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...