Thursday 12 August 2021

Three falls and a submission.

We've had some awful weather lately, a month's worth of rain in ten days.

The towpath is muddy and the grass is slippery and the gangplank is often at a very steep angle. I fell over twice last week and Steve fell once. I've got some cracking bruises on my knees, painful ribs where I landed on a mooring pin and I couldn't crochet for a few days as my wrist was sore, Steve's elbow is stiff and sore. Hopefully we are due a few drier days soon which will make things easier and safer.

I keep adding things to my shopping list as I think of them. Not having a car means that I need to be well stocked up with food. I will shop at Devizes, as my friend will take me to a supermarket just outside. After that we won't be travelling together for a while. The next supermarket in walking distance of the canal is Hungerford and then Newbury, there is a small shop at Great Bedwyn and one at Kintbury where I can buy milk and bread.

Steve has made lots of plans about how far we will travel each day but the reality is that he can't travel every day he doesn't have the energy. He also won't travel when it's raining or windy or too hot.



4 comments:

Ellen D. said...

Oh dear, hope things clear up and you can travel more safely.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

You might try a sandcoating paint on your gang plank. It may make it less slick.

JanF said...

Good idea from Susie, there are also strips of non skip rubberized material you can buy. Falls are to be avoided at all costs. One has ruined my friend's life.

kate steeper said...

as a person who tumbles on a regular basis , you have my deepest sympathy. Currently nursing tendonitis in my good ankle....other half going off his head because my pacing about every 10 minutes is doing his head in...lol

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.