Sunday 29 August 2021

Limping onwards

Steve hugged me yesterday, I'm not sure why. He will hug other people but not me. If I hug him he freezes and gets a Rabbit in the Headlights look. I've given up hugging him as it so obviously makes him uncomfortable.

He walked over a mile yesterday with me and Beano, I wish he'd walk more often. I also wish he'd get a hobby of some sort but he refuses.


I've recovered from my run in with the boater but I'm seriously considering reporting him to the CRT. I'm concerned that he waited until I was alone to complain. I feel it was unacceptable. I'm still wondering why I got so upset, misogynistic old gits are a regular part of canal life and my response is usually robust and offensive.


I broke off here to make a cup of tea, looking out of the kitchen window I saw a kingfisher perched on our springline. I didn't get a photo sadly. I've only seen three or four in all the time I've been on the cut.

We are planning a lazy day today but tomorrow, weather permitting we will move again. Just two locks and a tunnel, then a couple of days rest until we tackle a flight of six locks.


It's the Southern Wool show next weekend, I bought tickets but won't be close enough to attend. I was planning on going with DD1. She will go and take her daughter with her. It's the marina summer BBQ the same weekend but we won't be able to go to that either for the same reason .

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

It is disappointing that you won't be near enough to attend. I presume you are often held up at locks this time of year when there must be more boats around.

Lynda said...

Please report him. I’m sure you’re not the first he’s done that to.
Hope you’re feeling better..it makes me go wobbly when someone does that to me..

Joyce said...

Please do report that miserable man for the sake of others. He sounds dangerous.

JanF said...

I, too, hope you will report him. The idea of him waiting until you were alone is really scary. You are a strong and competent person, imagine how it would be if it happened to someone really vulnerable.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.