Sunday 12 July 2015

Did I achieve anything?

Well yes & no, I got very little housework done and I only succeeded in making more mess in my sewing room. But I did manage to keep all the plants alive in the garden by remembering to water them.
So what else did I do, well, I played games, baked choc chip cookies, provided paper, felt tips, scissors & glue, rescued barbies tangled hair, pulled faces, sang nursery rhymes, played peek a boo, pointed to the fish, cuddled, jiggled, carried, chased, hugged, clapped hands, made mashed banana with milk, wiped hands & faces, changed nappies, explained how fish poo, kissed ouchies better, made sandwiches, chopped up fruit, rescued small person from under the bed repeatedly), planned a trip to Beale Park, was given a loom bracelet, put up a travel cot (can't get it down again) fitted car seats etc etc.
I fell into bed at 10 and slept through until 6 this morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a perfect weekend for the grandchildren, if not for you. Your post has actually made me well up - they say 'life is what happens while you're making other plans', and you've just described a chunk of real life. That's what happy childhood memories are made of.

Tracey said...

Sounds like life here everyday: but not for much longer...x

Beano goes to the vet.

My neighbour Harry very kindly gave Beano and I a lift to the vets  this morning. Beano's dew claws were very overgrown. Time was I'...