Monday 12 February 2018

One day I'll brain the bugger

So we have had some adjustments made to our solar panels.
We have a little screen  on the side of the cupboard that shows an assortment of readings.
CHS decided that to test the system thoroughly we should unplug from shore power and rely on solar for the entire weekend. This necessitated him taking a note of all the readings every few minutes and comparing them with the previous reading as 'this is merely a snapshot'. He was leaping up and down like a mad thing, checking the dial and reporting his findings and getting in a state when neither he nor I could remember the premise reading. I couldn't give a flying fcuk what the readings were anyway, I just want to know it all works.

What I wanted was a peaceful weekend with a bit of crochet.
What I got was a demented Jack rabbit leaping about the boat, imploring me to charge my phone or to turn the TV on to see if it affected the readings.
There was nothing worth watching on TV and if I had wanted to watch something it would have been impossible to hear it over his constant shouting of the readings.
This morning he asked if I was doing anything, to his great disappointment I had plans, he had hoped to persuade me to set the alarm on my phone at hourly intervals so I could note down the readings!

9 comments:

Winters End Rambler said...

Annoying...but rather funny too! x

justjill said...

I am sorry but the pictures in my mind made ma laugh too. Are you warm enough when it is on. Thats surely all that matters. x

Margie from Toronto said...

While I think it would be useful to know how long you could reply on solar I think the best test is just to carry on as per normal for a number of days and perhaps check the numbers once every 6 hours or so - I don't think hourly readings are going to make much of a difference! You're always going to get different readings depending upon what you are doing and how much the solar panels can store - there's never going to be an "ideal" and there are too many changeable factors! But Boys with Toys! You may just have to push him overboard a some point in time! :-)

bbarna said...

Sounds just like my husband! Had to drive all our vehicles until they ran out of fuel...just to see how far they went. We always had to carry a smelly can of fuel while he figured it out. He keep detailed accounts of all his experiments, but can't balance a cheque book, or remember to read instructions for new purchases...men!
Barb

Sue in Suffolk said...

Well that's a new way to rock the boat!

The Weaver of Grass said...

How this made me laugh - sorry, I know it isn[t funny but how like a man.

Theresa Y said...

It's amazing when they start a project, all the little time consuming things (and to them these things are so verrrryyy important to our survival)they can find for you to do. And that's on top of our regular chores and duties. Oh, and then it becomes your project, while he goes for a pint with the boys ;-)

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

Sounds pretty typical to me, its what OH would be doing if we lived on a boat with solar panels, so glad we do not!!

Julia said...

This was hilarious! Thank-you!

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...