Sunday 25 February 2018

Pigs cheek

Pigs cheek is best casseroled. I forgot about it until 9am this morning as we were about to move on, so I dropped it, still frozen, into my cast iron pan and put it on top of the squirrel stove. 
I didn't get chance to check it as I walked the towpath again today, another 12000 steps.
When we got to our home mooring I lifted the lid on the pan and the cheeks were cooked and very tender.
I served them sliced with roast potatoes, peas, carrots and gravy.
I don't eat pork so I made a lentil dish for myself, it cooked in the time it took to roast the potatoes.

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

My mother used to cook pig's cheek - it used to smell delicious when it was cooking.

Chris said...

Just read that barley is just about the healthiest grain so will be using that more in my cooking. Thanks for the pig's cheek recipe. Now to find one....

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

Pigs cheeks sound delicious. I'll have to see if a butcher has some, never seen them in the supermarket.

Elaine said...

You're certainly clocking up the steps!

Not a good day!

I had to admit to Steve that I'm struggling with my eyesight and my hearing. He is extremely annoyed though I'm not sure what he exp...