Saturday 3 September 2022

A bad night.

 I'm not sleeping well, something is disturbing Beano at around 3am and again at 5 am and he's barking a lot.

He's not usually much of a barker, just an occasional woof if someone comes to the door.

But he's barking a lot at whatever is disturbing him, I'm assuming it's a deer or badger. He doesn't bark much at cats or foxes.

I'm considering letting him out when he barks in an attempt to dissuade whatever it is from visiting every night.

He won't chase anything that is in the garden so neither he or the nocturnal visitor are in danger. But I really cannot manage if I'm to be disturbed every night.

7 comments:

flis said...

I have a radio on day an6d night to distract mine-2 are terriers who are alerted to anything-I say "thankyou"and then firmly"no"if they continue x

Col said...

Perhaps you should ask the landlord to out curtains up?
I think it's bad that they are taking your money as rent, yet you have nothing to keep the light out, and the heat in!
Perhaps if it was more 'private' Beano wouldn't be so 'on guard'! X

Lyssa Medana said...

Sending hugs - you need your sleep. I hope Beano settles down soon. In his mind he is protecting you, not driving you demented. I wonder if it's just someone on a regular beat.

Chris said...

Maybe he is finding it confusing being in a different location. Hope he settles down soon - you need your sleep!

Rambler said...

My regular hedgehog visitor is a noisy so-and-so - he/she snuffles loudly, grunts and rustles through the shrubbery. I hear him, so a dog would certainly be disturbed by this strange noise - and it would be strange to Beano; there aren't many hedgehogs in the canal!
I don't think letting him out is a good idea, but clipping his lead on and going into the garden with him would let him investigate and realise it's nothing to be concerned about.

Jean said...

As to curtains, could you get the emergency blankets that sell over here for $2-3? Mine are 52" by 82.5" and block sun in summer and cold in winter. I found mine in camping aisle at WM.

crafty cat corner said...

My Daughter had this problem with her dog, in the end she put his harness on and let him out of the front door to take a look around, when he was happy that there was nothing there he settled down. lol
Briony
x

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...